cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonHayden
Fanfold Paper
Views: 653
Message 1 of 12

Extended warranty T60p Broken for over a year, support now ignoring emails. Please help!

Hi, it has been over a year since I first contacted lenovo support about a screen issue and I still can't use the machine, support have been ignoring my emails for the past 3 weeks.

In June 2009 I upgraded the warranty of my T60p to 5 years. This time last year a problem developed with the screen where it would simply turn off every few seconds or minutes and I would have to open and close the screen several times to try and get it to turn back on, it was completely unusable.

When I called Lenovo however, they insisted that my T60p was no longer in warranty and the online warranty lookup showed the same thing. After dozens of emails, phone calls and several months later they finally accepted that it was still in warranty and agreed to repair the machine.

I sent the laptop in to be serviced and collected it a week or two later and when I tried to power it on when I got home  the situation was completely unchanged, the screen was turning off just as much if not more than before.

I immediately called/emailed Lenovo to complain and to arrange a repair and  once again sent it in.

When I collected it this time I turned it on to find that the new screen had some pretty serious water damage or something, along both sides of the display were a series of dark splotches.

Once again I contacted Lenovo to complain about the  way I had been treated and the terrible level of service I had received.

At this stage, I didn't trust that if it was sent away again I would ever receive a working laptop and since it cost  me about €50 (in postage and fuel) or so each time there was no way I was going to do that.

I'm also convinced that Lenovo have run out of new LCD panels for my model and were now using old broken ones since I had the screen replaced before any of this started and this new screen then developed the problem with turning off, so the screen had been replaced three times and all the replacements were faulty.

So in total I had already spent several hundred Euro upgrading the warranty  and then trying to get the machine repaired and had already wasted my time for over a year. I was offered an onsite repair which I still don't believe is good enough, though I did accept.

Support have now been ignoring my emails for over 3 weeks.

Either send an engineer to repair the laptop once and for all (if you are able to source an LCD panel of quality) or provide a replacement machine altogether.

Also, please extend my warranty to reflect the fact that I was refused service for over 9 months and have been left with a broken laptop for over a year.

TuuS
Bit Torrent
Views: 639
Message 2 of 12

Re: Extended warranty T60p Broken for over a year, support now ignoring emails. Please help!

I wish I had something to say to help you, but this is a user forum, not much other users can offer that would be of any help.

Only thing I can think of is to keep calling. I can definitely understand why you should at least get an extension on the warranty, but I don't realy know anything about the case.

Hopefully you'll get this resolved soon.

ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 8gb ram.
Former Employee
Views: 638
Message 3 of 12

Re: Extended warranty T60p Broken for over a year, support now ignoring emails. Please help!

hey SimonHayden,

sorry to hear on what had happened. could you pm to me the following :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

( To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find )

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 636
Message 4 of 12

Did you say you bought a 5 years extension in 2009? Lenovo and IBM Thinkpads are allowed a total warranty period no longer then 5 years max.

While, this may not directly help you in the case, it is something that should be noted for the public benefit.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Highlighted
SimonHayden
Fanfold Paper
Views: 613
Message 5 of 12

@ lead_org
No, sorry if i was unclear, I meant that i extended the initial 3 year warranty by a further 2 years, so a total of 5.
Thanks

@TuuS
Thanks for the support, i really really hope that i can get this sorted too.

@Serge1410
Thanks a lot, really hope that you can sort this out once and for all.
PM sent
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 599
Message 6 of 12

@Simon,

Ok thanks for the clarification.

Since Serge1410 has escalated your case, you probably have to wait a week or two. Keep us updated on how thing goes and whether it worked out alright for you.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
SimonHayden
Fanfold Paper
Views: 597
Message 7 of 12

I certainly will. I kinda hope it's not gonna take as long as that but if i can get a fully functioning machine again and my warranty extended i guess it will be worth it. Just feels like i've been waiting way too long already......
Thanks again for the support
SimonHayden
Fanfold Paper
Views: 543
Message 8 of 12

hi, can someone please give me an update? I haven't received any contact from anybody since Serge1410's original post in this topic.

I really need a working laptop.

Please respond and please help!
thanks,
Simon
SimonHayden
Fanfold Paper
Views: 425
Message 9 of 12

Still no answers whatsoever. This is ridiculous!

Lenovo seem to think that if they just ignore me that I will go away. Please give me details of who to contact if nobody on this forum can help directly. 

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 398
Message 10 of 12

Hi SimonHayden,

lead_org has informed Serge1410 to look into that again. Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors