cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlee
Punch Card
Views: 8,950
Message 51 of 56

Re: Flashing orange battery light while charge indicates 100%?

Hi Mark, I found the same problem of the battery today before that, it is stated in good condition. After using the power manager 1.89 (Battery maintenance - Refesh button) , my battery was locked and no longer available to use Once, I the information from internet then I check back the information from Power Manager ( Barcode No. 1ZC3U67D13T FRU: 93P5029) I started to know my battery has covered re-call scheme. But nobody contact me before. But now is 2010 Dec, 29. I call the lenovo service centre. But the guy is not willing to help since, my laptop warranty is expired already. It gives me bad impression since, the cycle counter of my battery is just 134. and It still in good condifion. But after executed the Power manager software, then my battery is stop working) Could you help ? tlee
tlee
Punch Card
Views: 8,927
Message 52 of 56

Hi Mark_Lenovo,

As for my previous post. I have to go to the Lenovo service Center today.

However, the service guy just inform me the laptop warranty is expired. Even, I emphasized my battery (93P5029) seems is a defective product before ex-factory. And I just used it 134 counts for recharging. But, the guy also told me the recall program is also expired...................... No valuable help to me.

SInce, I don't know the recall program before and I am not keeping my eye for checking the news from Lenovo website. I think there are many victims likes my cause.

Actually I want to get back my battery. Because, the Li-ion battery themselves are in good condition. I think the problem is at the PCB as you said the fuse blown. 

Could you help us (at this forum victims also) who want to repair the battery themselves ?

Could you PM me about its circuit diagram and the fuse location ? What is the value ampere of the fuse ? And the disassembly battery case method.

Thanks for your help and in-advance. I look forward to waiting for your reply.

michael11009
What's DOS?
Views: 7,767
Message 53 of 56

asuming that you are all using the ofical charger, i have used a third party one for a year now and it has been slowly dying envn before i had that charger. but just last night while i wasn't watching it it turned off thinking that it was overheated which it offten happeds :s. but the battery may have been the cause of all the shutdowns the system has had over the last half a year. now my battrry sits on 40% exactly never charging.

kjymisc
What's DOS?
Views: 4,601
Message 54 of 56

I had this problem also. I took out the battery and inspected the brass pin connection between the battery and laptop. I noticed there was a hair in between the pins. I air blew it away and voila! Problem solved. 

Maybe it's just as simple as that for some of you; debris causing the connection between the laptop and battery to fail. 

Hope this helps. 

DeductiveBear23
What's DOS?
Views: 2,029
Message 55 of 56

Hi There,

I felt I had to join the community to report that the fix of the "Clear Plastice Piece" wedged into the power connections of the battery also worked for me.

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Tablet I left the AC in over night to charge and to try and replicate a different issue I was having with the unit when I notice a "Flashing Orange" Battery LED Light Indicator. I didnt liek the looks of it and found the forum. I read through a few of your thoughts and found "Zengrits" post Simple easy and cheap... I began my hunt ofr a piece of plastic after sizing up my "gap", I foud an old Nano Sim Card from a mobile device and stuck in the already exisiting space, it fit like a glove didn't have to force anything. I poppes the battery back in and presto - solid green battery LED indicator light...

Thanks for the post and the fix ZenGrit

jig2018
What's DOS?
Views: 792
Message 56 of 56

my ideapad doesn't turn on. Flashing orange light shown

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals