Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad; T61 and prior T series plus Other Legacy ThinkPads
All Forum Topics
Options

148 Posts

03-29-2008

Bangkok, Thailand

490 Signins

4656 Page Views

• Views: 4656
  • Message 1 of 2

For anyone at Lenovo Regarding Ricoh 4 in 1 Card Reader

2008-03-31, 11:05 AM
Hello,

I have upgraded from Vista Buiseness 32 bit to Vista Ultimate 64 bit and now my Ricoh 4 in 1 Card Reader is not working correctly. Prior to the upgrade it had no problems and could read all of my cards. I have Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo 8gig, Transcend Compact Flash 4gig, Fuji xD 2gig, and as I said could read them all before the upgrade. Now when I put the Sony Pro Duo with adapter of course it says that I must format the disk or sometimes it doesn't even see the card and says to insert a card into the adapter. When I try to insert the Fuji xD card I get a system crash(blue screen) and when I put the Transcend card with adapter in it sees the card but won't ready boost. All of these cards I can use normally in a generic card reader attached to any of the three USB hubs I have on my machine, but when trying the 4 in 1 I have problems. On the Lenovo Support and Udate Site, the Ricoh 4 in 1 Card Reader Driver Version is 3.51.01. After installing that version, when I check my driver versions on the Ricoh xD PC Controller,Ricoh SD/mmc Host Controller, and the Ricoh Memory Stick Controller, I see for the Ricoh xD PC Controller Driver Version 6.01.12 Released 3/26/2007, for the Ricoh SD/mmc Host Controller Driver Version 6.0.2.5 Released 3/19/2007 and the Ricoh Memory Stick Controller Driver Version 6.0.1.11 Released 2/27/2007. The Driver Version from Lenovo is 3.51.01 Released 2007/06/26 that would be year,month, day, where as what I have after installation is month,day,year. I am a bit confused by this, because when asked to check what version you have installed I see Version numbers higher than what's being offered. Is there a conflict of some sort??? I mean when offered the update through System Update is asks you to check what version is installed and when I see higher version numers already installed it makes me wonder, but having said that, after installation I have the higher version numbers!! Anyway after all this babble my Ricoh 4 in 1 Card Reader is not working and I have been trying hard to sort it out but am coming up with nothing. Other than that my machine after the upgrade Vista Ultimate 64 Bit is running like a champ!! It's just the one problem I am having! Is this something that I should be looking to Ricoh??? I have been to there site and get the run around!! Any suggestions and sorry for the lengthy message, and thanks for any help you could pass along
7663-A22,T61 14.1 Wide,T7300 2.0gig processor, 4 gig RAM, 500gig Seagate Hybrid HDD, 200gig Ultra Bay HDD, Ubuntu 64 Bit.
Options

35 Posts

03-26-2008

UK

141 Signins

916 Page Views

• Views: 916
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: For anyone at Lenovo Regarding Ricoh 4 in 1 Card Reader

2008-03-31, 15:39 PM
I've just had a similar thing happen.  My Card Reader (in my 3000 series n200 0769) works fine for sdcards but when I tried a Sony Memory stick it BSODs on me every time.

If I find anything out I will post back.

I'm using XP Pro.

Message Edited by tef89 on 03-31-2008 04:39 PM
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms