Canada

2 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 1 of 2

Freezing and flickering of the screen on a T41

2009-02-04, 23:07 PM

Hello

I bought a used T41 about a year ago, and changed its hard drive from a standard 40 gb to a 120 gb one (dual boot WinXP/Ubuntu, did not use the recovery console to reinstall windows, rather used my own copy and downloaded the drivers from the Lenovo website). The computer worked fine up until a month ago, when, in the midlle of browsing, the display on the screen started to "shake" (kind of hard to describe, but was it was like a shearing and some fuzziness). I turned it off and turn on again and the computer would either not boot, or would boot normally and would show the same symptoms as above randomly (smtimes after 5 min, sometimes after 2 hrs). This was the case when the computer was plugged in (with or without the battery attached) or just on battery powe. I am startin to think that it might be a problem with the display adapter, which i think means i would have to replace the whole mobo. I am just posting here to see if anybody has any suggestions either via knowlegde or prior experience.

Thankx in advance

Options

3 Posts

02-04-2009

Canada

2 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Freezing and flickering of the screen on a T41

2009-02-04, 23:10 PM
oh, and i forgot to mention the most imprtant part. When the display was "shearing", there was no response from the computer (mouse cursor not moving, could not type), which seems to suggest that is not just the screen ( i have had it connested to an external monitor as well and had no luck either
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms