Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supreme
What's DOS?
Views: 258
Message 1 of 2

HDD0 device error

Hello, My computer was on and when I came back it gave me the error HDD0 device error. I am not sure what all i am doing to find the problem but this is what i have tried so far. Googled the error -> takes me to lenovo forums about the same error [but 2007 posts] This didnt help much at all. Used the bootable flash drive i had with back track 4 in it to boot into it. I tried mounting sda1 which tells me it's a cdrom and is already mounted. I am asking around in IRC where people have told me to a] take HDD out physically and put it back in. b]Make a CD for boot loader for Windows Vista [i dont see this helping cause HDD is not deteced?] This is what I know about my laptop. It's a Lenovo T61 ThinkPad. I bout it roughly 2 years ago online [not sure about warrenties] I havent dont anything with it that might cause HDD to crash (to my best knowladge) This problem seems to be linked directly to Lenovo rather then HDD? from what i have read so far. I dont want to take forever to recover what i can, but a new HDD which i can't afford right now, and have the same thing happen again. Thank you in advance for any help.
Retired Guru
Views: 215
Message 2 of 2

Re: HDD0 device error

I would try to reseat the HDD first. if that does not work press F1 at power up there is a HDD diagnosics in the BIOs you can run

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
Top Kudoed Authors