Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perbuch
Serial Port
Views: 975
Message 11 of 14

Re: Re:

@garytr23 wrote:
It has to be a driver issue.  One last thing to test would be a non-thinkpad laptop running XP SP2.  As for importing the video another way, if you have a t61 that can do it... just use ethernet and transfer files between them, yes?

Well, the issue is that the T61P is my private laptop. I need to solve the issue for my department at work - and there we have not got that modern kind of laptops. I did try to update the driver of the adapter but it could not identify any more recent version.

But - who can tell what the code 10 means?! See the images in my original message.

Message Edited by perbuch on 10-12-2008 12:53 PM
garytr23
Token Ring
Views: 963
Message 12 of 14

@perbuch wrote:

@garytr23 wrote:
It has to be a driver issue.  One last thing to test would be a non-thinkpad laptop running XP SP2.  As for importing the video another way, if you have a t61 that can do it... just use ethernet and transfer files between them, yes?

Well, the issue is that the T61P is my private laptop. I need to solve the issue for my department at work - and there we have not got that modern kind of laptops. I did try to update the driver of the adapter but it could not identify any more recent version.

But - who can tell what the code 10 means?! See the images in my original message.

Message Edited by perbuch on 10-12-2008 12:53 PM

google sure can :-)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

Lenovo SL300 Owner
earning an MSECE at GATech, with undergrad in BME.
pbl_ibm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 936
Message 13 of 14

@garytr23 wrote:

google sure can :-)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

Well, it does in fact not tell you that much. I have tried to let the system search for a new driver but without any luck and I have searched the Lenovo support site for a driver - but still without any luck. Would it be any idea to search one of the Microsoft sites as well?

kpoman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 781
Message 14 of 14

T60 Notebook hardware bug confirmed

Hi to all, I am new to the forum.

I am having exactly the same problem with a SITECOM PCMCIA FIREWIRE CARD ( FW-005 v1 002) and a Thinkpad T60P.

Whenever I plug the card, it starts detecting a VIA OHCI COMPATIBLE CONTROLLER then freezes the computer.

If I start the computer with the card plugged in, it wont boot and will freeze during windows startup (loading drivers part).

If I boot in safe mode, I am able to see the card on device manager as a Compatible OHCI controller but obviously I wont be able to use it because of the safe mode.

Another point of interest, which confirms it is a NOTEBOOK PROBLEM !!! is that doing the same thing on linux also freezes the computer (tried on many different linux from gentoo to ubuntu or knoppix) .

So the Computer is buggy.

Please, Lenovo, do something to correct this issue ! We are a lot losing lot of time to diagnose what is going on here ! We are losing $$$ too because of this bug !

FYI I tried the same card on different pc and it works perfectly well.

Thanks for any kind of help,

Patricio

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors