Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ernaniaroldo
Punch Card
Views: 669
Message 1 of 1

Hardware installation issue in T61 6460-D6G

I've just purchased Think Pad T61 6460-D6G with Vista and I tried to install an external CD ROM through any USB port or IEEE 1394 (I tried them all one by one) but I always get a message prompting for a driver and check the information that came with the device or go to the manufacturer's website to see if a driver is available. Well the strange thing is that the device itself is IBM ThinkCentre Multi-Burner Plus Drive HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B that used to work fine with my old notebook IBM Think Pad R40. Need to add that the CD provided with the device has no driver inside only user instructions saying that the computer must detect the device automatically. This is exactly what happened with my old IBM Think Pad. The error message also says that Windows found driver software but encountered an error while attempting to install it and that this operation needs an interactive window station. Later on when I opened Device Manager I saw the the device listed in the"Other Devices" section. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it several tmes wth no result.

Can anybody please give me any suggestion on what do I have to do to finally install it?

Thanks in advance,

George.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals