cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sclowes
What's DOS?
Views: 669
Message 1 of 2

Hardware malfunction (parity check fails)

I have a Lenovo T61 with over a year of warranty left.  Earlier this week the laptop crashed about 10 times over two days.  In addition, if I move the display back past a certain angle (not very far past 90 degrees) the display corrupts.  Today it crashed once.  A blue screen appears that says this exactly:

*** Hardware malfunction

Call your hardware vendor for support

NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error

*** The system has halted ***

On Wednesday and today I attempted to reach Lenovo support via phone (the only option I could find).  Both times I gave up after more than an hour on hold without having spoken to a single human, even to be transferred.  I desperately need this issue resolved (it's for a client) and Lenovo quickly slipping in my eyes as far as customer support goes.  My company has many clients in the DC area, and we procure a very large number of laptops per year.  We're quickly determining that other brands will replace Lenovo unless this terrible service stops.

What do I have to do to get Lenovo to honor their warranty and stand behind their product?

Guru
Views: 640
Message 2 of 2

Re: Hardware malfunction (parity check fails)

Welcome to the forum!

Is this the number you were calling?

1-800-426-7378

They're open 24/7/365 and I've never been on hold for more than five minutes in the past decade.

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors