Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vandit
What's DOS?
Views: 156
Message 1 of 4

Help needed in match the correct hardisk to laptop

HI there,

i work at a IT Firm and facing a major issue.

i have with me couple of hardisk belonging to different lenovo series laptop and one such particular laptop need to have its own company fitted hardisk.. how do i find a match. is there anything in these hardisk that i can match with the laptop, let me know

thanks

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 152
Message 2 of 4

Re: Help needed in match the correct hardisk to laptop

From T60 onwards, all ThinkPads T series can support 9.5 mm, 2.5 inch hdd from most makes and models (i.e. Seagate, Hitachi, Fujitsu, Samsung, etc).

However, there are few exceptions:

T400s, + T410s uses 1.8 inch SATA drives and the T420s uses the 7 mm 2.5 inch SATA drives.

If you need to know more information, then please do ask.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
vandit
What's DOS?
Views: 146
Message 3 of 4

thanks for the reply.

but i have with me some 10 T60 laptop hardisk and i need to find the hardisk which was used in this laptop, the hardisk has some serial numbers on it is there anything that i can match up with the laptop serial number

TuuS
Bit Torrent
Views: 142
Message 4 of 4

What Lead.org is telling you is that you can use any standard 2.5 inch SATA harddrive, with standard 9.5mm thickness.

If you're trying to put the same exact drive back in the machine it came out of, that may not be possible. You can lookup what model a machine shipped with, but there is no being sure it wasn't chaged at some point, however the point is, it really doesn't matter which goes in which computer as long as they are all 2.5inch with SATA interface.

If you enter the model and serial number of the computer here...

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/partsLookup.page

It will tell you all the hardware it shipped with. From that you can at least put the same model back in, if not the same physical drive, but like I said, it really doesn't matter.

To take it one step further, you can then check if the loaded operating system matches the COA on the bottom of the machine, and further sort them that way, by part number and loaded OS. 

ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 8gb ram.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals