cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guugle
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,264
Message 1 of 7

How long will it take to show my extended warranty on website after I purchased it

I wait 2 days,the order status shows"it is still in progress".

when i check the warranty status, it still shows the expiring one.

DAF
802.11n
Views: 1,254
Message 2 of 7

Re: How long will it take to show my extended warranty on website after I purchased it

Lenovo says it can take "up to 30 days"! I feel your frustration especially when today you can order almost anything from a lesser company and have it delivered overnight. In my humble opinion, this should be a very simple transaction for a technology powerhouse like Lenovo.

E420, i5, 8GB, 500GB/7200, 32GB mSATA, Win 8.1 Pro x64
T61, 4GB, 500GB Hybrid, Win 8.1 Pro x64
citydic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 949
Message 3 of 7

Re: How long will it take to show my extended warranty on website after I purchased it

I purchased an extended TWO YEAR warranty for my T60 nearly a month ago, and it was paid for over three weeks ago, yet it has not shown up in the Lenovo database as of this time.   

I've made numerous calls to Lenovo, only to be put in touch with someone in INDIA.  They have no way to aid me, thus they put me on hold and after a time the call becomes disconnected.   I went through this no less than 5 times.

I've been a ThinkPad user for nearly 15 years and have now become so aggravated I'm ready to move on to another company.......  

One would think a company this large could get their act together......    The out sourcing of help desk is a big mistake on the part of Lenovo and the savings they reap today will be their failure in the end.

Good luck when purchasing an extended warranty.....  They will take your money, but who knows when the warranty will show up.  As it stands now, the database says my warranty is expired..... ??????????

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 925
Message 4 of 7

citydic you should start your own thread, as this thread is marked solve there is little likelyhood that someone from lenovo will notice it. But the longest i have waited was one month and 2 weeks for the update.

Make sure you have appropriate heading to attract attention, and remove those negative comments, as this will aggreviate some people and probably not going to help you that much in speeding up the process. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 923
Message 5 of 7

lead_org wrote:

citydic you should start your own thread

If he does that, we'll just merge it into this existing thread, so that's a waste of everyone's time.

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

citydic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 892
Message 6 of 7

What I'm looking for it to get in touch with someone at Lenovo who can do a bit more than take my money for something that has become insane to get a handle on.....

I paid for an extended warranty nearly a month ago and one would expect, like anything that once paid for it should not take a month or more for it to go into effect.   Additionally, since a check of my system now shows my warranty as expired, the extended warranty should begin once it shows up in the database.   At this point, as far as Lenovo is concerened, I have no warranty.

Like I said in my previous post, I've made numerous calls only to be directed to someone in India and at the end of the day either lost the call or got no answer.  

If Lenovo is looking to keep customers maybe they should at the very least have a help desk where the workers have answers to simple issues such as extended warranties..........

Getting answers such as it could take two weeks or it could take a moth and a half, is not an answer in my book.  It's just a way to blow someone off.

Kindest Regards,   Steve

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 877
Message 7 of 7

citydic wrote:

What I'm looking for it to get in touch with someone at Lenovo who can do a bit more than take my money for something that has become insane to get a handle on.....

Did you do what I told you to do Saturday on TPF?  If so, then cool your jets.  Mark doesn't work on the weekend.  If you didn't, well then....

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors