Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vilasman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 966
Message 1 of 6

I have a T-60

I got it about a month ago, it is actually functioning well I think. I got it used with no documentation. I am not clear on what the think vantage button is about or those 3 buttons above the touch pad, but I would love to re-assign them.

I have paragon hard disk manager and iolo system mechainc, I think I have a paragon image of the hard drive on an external drive, but not sure of how to make it boot from that drive when I finally manage to crash it.

Any thoughts on preventive steps to take before disaster would be appreciated.

Also is it just me or am I correct as I begin to believe that these are the greatest all around laptops available?

How do they compare with dells, I need a 2nd laptop cause wife is always taking this one

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 951
Message 2 of 6

Re: I have a T-60

The Thinkvantage button should bring up the online documentation when pressed in Windows.

It is also used during system startup to enter the Rescue and Recovery software where you can restore Windows and perform other diagnostics. The 3 buttons above the touchpad are the mouse buttons for use with the red trackpoint in the middle of the keyboard. It is another pointing device.

I have never used Paragon but it must have a function to create bootable media of some sort. THat is what you will boot to when restoring an image.

I would make a set of recovery discs before disaster strikes. Start/All programs/Thinkvantage/Create recovery set.

It depends on which Dells you compare to. Thinkpad blows the Inspiron line away but the latitude and precision lines are closer. I'm sure others will have a different opinion.

Registered Linux User #160145

FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo
Vilasman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 939
Message 3 of 6

Under ThinkVantage I see , ThinVantage Fingerprint Software, Away Manager, Easy Eject utility, Keyboard customizer utility, Presentation Director, Think pad configuration. Don't see Create. Could I have an older version of the software?
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 908
Message 4 of 6

Are you running XP or Vista?

Vilasman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 879
Message 5 of 6

windows xp pro
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 866
Message 6 of 6

Look under Rescue and Recovery?

I don't have a factory preload on my T60 anymore so I can't tell you for sure where it is at. I was trying to go by memory. Sorry.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals