Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
areguly
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,018
Message 1 of 5

Intel Turbo Memory on T61 14.1 wide

Hello, I have a T61 14.1 wide, I now switched to Vista and want to use Intel Turbo Memory, anyone here using it with 14.1 ? Or know if the 14inch models support Intel Turbo Memory?

Thanks

SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 1,001
Message 2 of 5

Re: Intel Turbo Memory on T61 14.1 wide

welcome to the forum!

given what you said in your cross-post (which i moved out of sight, btw), you already have an intel WWAN card installed.   the T61 only allows a WWAN card or a turbo memory card in that slot.   unfortunately, both cannot be installed in your system simultaneously.

with that said, i suggest searching for posts on turbo memory.   while beneficial in some instances, it doesn't seem to net the positive results many expected.   my personal opinion is that you would be better off adding more system memory for the price.   generally speaking, 3GB is ideal for 32-bit vista and 4GB is ideal for 64-bit vista.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad P40 · 600

areguly
Fanfold Paper
Views: 963
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, I was able to locate the slot, it was under a metalic clip close to the ultrabay, not where the WLAN is and where I was looking.

I tend to agree with you, in my case it made no real difference and ReadyDrive (which was the feature I was looking for) does not even work, I enabled it and it always asks to restart and upon restart it is disabled... piece of junk.

jerhardt
Punch Card
Views: 934
Message 4 of 5

Sounds like you don't have the machine configured properly if it continously does this.

Are you referring to ReadyBoost?

T61's aren't junk.

Presently with an X201 and a T500/T410 combo
I've owned everything from a 701c up to present which equal a ton of ThinkPads
areguly
Fanfold Paper
Views: 820
Message 5 of 5

Hi, I was referring to Ready Drive indeed... ReadyBoost works, just ReadyDrive not...

Ohh not, I was not referring to my beloved T61, but to this Turbo Memory stuff...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors