Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skullner
Paper Tape
Views: 1,130
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo T61P 6458-5KU USB-Problems after System-Update Windows XP SP2

Hello World,

our company bought 3 Thinkpads as above. Two were installed with Windows XP SP2 as a multilanguage-installation( from the company).To install the ethernet I used an usb-stick with the drivers. No problems so long. After updating the system with system-update from Lenovo, it shows in the devicemanager that 7 usb root hubs have code 39( driver could not be loaded. Driver is defective or not present). The connection of usb-devices will now not be recognized( no new item in devicemanager, no sound of recognization). This behaviour is on both machines after the update. To verfy the problem I changed the hdd from the "untouched" with one of the XP-machines. Under this Vista everythings works fine. After rechange of the hdd usb will not be recognized again.

Any Idea which update could be responsible and how to remove it?

Skullner
Paper Tape
Views: 1,127
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo T61P 6458-5KU USB-Problems after System-Update Windows XP SP2

A workaround: I found out that the 7 usb-controllers were installed with drivers from Intel. The reinstall of the windows-drivers provide a solution to connect usb-devices again. After installing the windows-drivers for the controllers the yellow exclamation mark of the usb-root-hubs vanished also. Now it is necessary that Lenovo changes the defective intel-drivers to working models. But this is not in my hands...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals