Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmanwarren2
Paper Tape
Views: 4,108
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Thinkpad T61 7663 AD2

my sister owns this laptop.Currently has windows Vista installed.Wantws XP instead so I boot from the install cd to be told no hard drive.Well I have done reading and know I can go into bios and change to compatible.First problem her hubby put password on bios and can't recall what it is.There is only 30 hours use on this and works fine so going in the trash isn't going to happen.Now I read I can slip stream a new windows disc with the driver included.Now if I can make a new disc even with the correct driver do I still need to change the bios or would it install fine with no change to the bios being I can't change it anyway.Also the HD is a Hitachi Travelstar 5K160 .Does anyone have a link to the correct driver I need.I have tried diferent things and not getting disc right because I end up with basically a copy of windows as it came from the factory without the driver.
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 4,073
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T61 7663 AD2

Imanwarren2, welcome to the forum,

you can find the driver with instructions on this site.

And I would strongly recommend that your brother-in.law remembers which password he set.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

lmanwarren2
Paper Tape
Views: 4,020
Message 3 of 7

Ok trying to slipstream the driver into the windows install cd.Here is the url that I followed http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1703&page=1  Step 3 is where you add drivers so if you click next page get there.   I get a error message when booting from the cd.Says line 21,492 of my txtsetup.sif is invalid.The line that caused the error is the first line under SCSI Load.I assume all lines in this section are wrong.Can someone tell me how this should read or where my mistake is.

[SCSI.load]
"Intel(R) ICH9 SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop/Server/Workstation)" = iastor.sys 4
"Intel(R) 82801HEM SATA RAID Controller (Mobile ICH8M-E)" = iastor.sys 4
"Intel(R) 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile ICH8M-E/M)" = iastor.sys 4
"Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R SATA RAID Controller (Desktop/Server/Workstation)" = iastor.sys 4
"Intel(R) 82801HR/HH/HO SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop/Server/Workstation)" = iastor.sys 4
"Intel(R) 631xESB/632xESB SATA RAID Controller (Server/Workstation ESB2)" = iastor.sys 4
"Intel(R) 631xESB/632xESB SATA AHCI Controller (Server/Workstation ESB2)" = iastor.sys 4
"Intel(R) 82801GHM SATA RAID Controller (Mobile ICH7MDH)" = iastor.sys 4
"Intel(R) 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH)" = iastor.sys 4
"Intel(R) 82801GR/GH SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH)" = iastor.sys 4
"Intel(R) 82801GBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile  ICH7M/DH)" = iastor.sys 4
"Intel(R) 82801FBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile  ICH6M)" = iastor.sys 4

Message Edited by lmanwarren2 on 08-27-2008 11:47 AM
lmanwarren2
Paper Tape
Views: 3,971
Message 4 of 7

Ok I got the drivers slipstreamed into xp I boot from cd and I see it on the bottom loading drivers.I assume when it gets to my driver. I get setup failed because  IaStor.sys is corrupted.Now I boot from my desktop not the laptop just to see if i had it working and thought I did until I got this.Could this be because the drive wasn't found being on the desktop or does this mean a file needs to be edited.I can't believe I got a bad download.
lmanwarren2
Paper Tape
Views: 3,977
Message 5 of 7

setup failed IaStor.sys is corrupted

Ok slip streamed driver into xp and after booting from it.During the blue screen where windows is loading drivers I get setup failed IaStor.sys is corrupted.I have downloaded over and over and replaced the one I had to get no where.Anyone run into this and did you find a fix.Disc is to load XP on a lenovo 7663AD2 Thinkpad T61.With a Hitachi Travelstar HD
disserman
Punch Card
Views: 3,972
Message 6 of 7

Re: setup failed IaStor.sys is corrupted

as far as I got you've tried to add this driver to some custom XP install or boot disc.

today had the same issue, it's impossible to integrate driver in usual way

just turn SATA from AHCI to Compatible in BIOS while installing/managing system. then run the preparation scripts from the driver package and turn it back.

lmanwarren2
Paper Tape
Views: 3,968
Message 7 of 7

Re: setup failed IaStor.sys is corrupted

Would love to but the husband of the owner doesn't  recall the password he set so my only choice

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals