Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pethemilan
Serial Port
Views: 5,703
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Thinkpad T61 Build Quality

I have a T61, and since then has been crap since I bought the LCD cover, cracking when you press, but the service could not start with him. Smiley Frustrated And this is normal? What can I do? What can I do then? I am writing from Hungary.

Best of all, it is also fitting to the site was dismantled, and the bottom of the machine does not fit properly, and the Lenovo We announce that the plane could not be any paper is slid into the machine and the screen behind it, but I know to do that.

I do not want to szidni Lenovo, very love this machine and the brand, yet also got T-shirt, but somehow it does not get what I expected. Smiley Sad

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFQ814Rehh4

Related forums: (I think this problem is not just me)  http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=142781

ThinkPad X200 Tablet (7453-Y24)
sktn77a
802.11n
Views: 5,686
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T61 Build Quality

Its a little difficult to understand exactly what your complaint is, but your video doen't look too bad.  I've seen much worse with other manufacturers.  I'd be happy it's working as its supposed to.

Keith
Currently 1xT460, 4xT430, 1xT420 Ideapad K1, H520S,
Formerly 1x600E, 1xT40, 1xT41, 2xT42, 2xT61p

AGoodSolution
802.11n
Views: 5,640
Message 3 of 8

Consider reshooting your video and using a manual focus since your hand movements and the motioning lid and constant focusing makes the video intolerable.

As a general solution and reminder and from my biased standpoint as a Thinkpad biggot,  you have the advantage of tapping into the largest secondary market of spare parts which is deep and pervasive enough you can build an entire Thinkpad from scratch and with some research, there isn't any problem you're experiecing that can't be repaired by a skilled end user.

------------------
Don't just sit there, take a second and use the Kudo's button to compliment the people who help you.
------------------
pethemilan
Serial Port
Views: 5,587
Message 4 of 8

The link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyec4l4jzu0

pethemilan
Serial Port
Views: 5,578
Message 5 of 8

Pictures: http://img24.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dscf5888y.jpg

I have not dropped off, it's such a one day to the next it was noticed that in this way, apart.
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 5,555
Message 6 of 8

This is not because you drop it, there is something inside that is forcing the case to come apart, you would need the warranty department ot sort it out.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 5,527
Message 7 of 8

@pethemilan wrote:

I have a T61, and since then has been crap since I bought the LCD cover, cracking when you press,

Could you clarify exactly what you mean please. Did you replace the LCD cover, or have it replaced at some point?

It looks to me as though a wlan or bt cable hasn't been routed correctly and is causing the disformation on the cover. Normally I would suggest just to apply pressure and click it back into place, but if a cable has been misrouted during a component replacement, this would not be the correct advice.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Lovan6
Punch Card
Views: 5,410
Message 8 of 8

The video you show looks like the same problem with my T61. You have loose hinges. I just replaced my original factory hinges (kato) to Reel. Problem solved. The LCD back cover lid needs refit. The LCD bezel looks OK to me. I bought all my T61 parts from this guy in eBay, its thinkpadonline. this guy supply original spareparts ship from Israel. Hope that help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors