cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikedwyer
What's DOS?
Views: 300
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo laptop suddenly performing sluggishly, userbenchmark information included.

I booted up my laptop today, and noticed something was wrong, Firefox was not responding and hanging intermittently, games I normally got 100+ FPS were around 30-40, and the computer is just slow in general. First ran antivirus and checked system settings, ran intel CPU diagnostic (PASS), then reinstalled windows. Problem persisted, the userbenchmark results confirm that something is wrong, and the computer is not operating at peak performance. If anyone has any insights, I'd really appreciate.

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/8975126

Of note:

"Sub-optimal background CPU (13%). High background CPU reduces benchmark accuracy. Find active processes with Windows task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC). CPU throttled at 32% by Windows. Ensure maximum processor state is set to 100% via Settings > System > Power & sleep > Additional power settings > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings > Processor power management > Maximum processor state. "

... The setting already shows 100%, it's one of the first things I checked.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 249
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo laptop suddenly performing sluggishly, userbenchmark information included.

I would look at task manager and see if something is sucking up CPU

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals