Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jathor
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,718
Message 1 of 4

Mobile Intel 965 Exp Chipset Family install problem on T61

Made the mistake of allowing ThinkVantage Update download an update for this video adapter. Downloaded fine, but errored out on the install. Have a T61 7568-CTO running XP. I assume it's 32-bit. Went to the Lenovo site and downloaded 7ld150ww.exe and tried to install it manually. Still would not install. Same for the driver from the Intel site. I'm going from bad to worse. I have a week+ old backup, but am afraid I'd open a real can of worms if it didn't restore properly. Anyone else have this problem that they've figured out a fix for?  Thanks.
MattRB
Token Ring
Views: 1,709
Message 2 of 4

Re: Mobile Intel 965 Exp Chipset Family install problem on T61

I would try the windows restore function, as it only recovers system files (eg. Drivers) back to before the update.
IBMitchell
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,699
Message 3 of 4

This chipset sucks. Is there any other chipset for a T61?

I switched from vista 32 to 64 and this chipset sucks on both. Lenovo really dropped the ball on this chipset. I've had nothing but problems with this computer.

jathor
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,679
Message 4 of 4

After many hours and different attempts (trying to restore to the last good configuration and trying to restore to a prior backup - neither worked), I finally chanced running the SubInACL tool (http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/09/04/739820.aspx) that I read about in a forum entry on an entirely different issue. The first time I ran it, many, many failures. The second time I ran it, not so many. More importantly, though, afte the second run, I could then install the prior driver with no 'access denied' issues. I know have a laptop with video on the screen, which is what having a laptop is all about! Oh - and when I ran ThinkVantage update and it said it wanted to download and install a new driver for the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family, I promptly checked the box that said don't show me this update again! Now if I could just fix the Ricoh 4-in-1 driver problem...another day.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors