Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hakubi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,305
Message 1 of 5

Monitor goes to sleep, backlight fails to turn back on when woken up

Hello,

Been using my thinkpad T61P 6459CTO for about 2 months now and it has been good to me, until today when i installed XP Service pack 3.

I have my laptop power settings set to turn the LCD off after 20 min of idle time and it worked fine until tonight ... when i went AFK for 20 min i came back and the LCD was off (good) ... but when i went to wake up the LCD with my mouse only the very right side of the screen had anything visable on it... and even then it was VERY faint and had no color.

i can fix this by shutting the lid and letting the laptop go into standby then resuming ... but i dont want to have to do that every time i idle into monoff.

can anyone comment?
singularity2006
Token Ring
Views: 2,299
Message 2 of 5

Re: Monitor goes to sleep, backlight fails to turn back on when woken up

I do believe there was a BIOS update and a presentation director update that corrects those problems.  Have u updated yet?
T61_Wide | Model No. 7662 - CTO
Core 2 Duo T7250 | 2GB OCZ DDR2-800
82566MM Gigabit | 4965AGN Centrino Pro
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,276
Message 3 of 5

does it turn on when you press Fn + F7 or Ctrl + Alt + F1
Hakubi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,128
Message 4 of 5

Fn + F7 doesn't turn it back on if pressed once, i can see the display scheme box pop up but the backlight doesn't turn back on.

BUT,

If I press Fn + F7 three times fast it turns the back light back on 95% of the time and causes the display scheme selection to pop up multiple times, i just have to close the selection box and its back to normal ... needless to say this is anyoing and im looking for a little more of a long term fix where i can just move the mouse or press a key and be back in business...be it a BIOS Fix or an OS patch.

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,091
Message 5 of 5

this is a common problem with all thinkpads for many years, i guess it should be addressed in the next major bios update.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals