Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raelara
What's DOS?
Views: 1,295
Message 1 of 6

My son dropped my T61

My 1-year-old son pulled my computer off of the table it was on (about three feet off the floor) and dropped it.  It seems to be working ok and I know these computers are supposed to be fairly sturdy.  How do I know for sure that everything is all right??  What is the likelihood of something being broken.  This computer is a fairly recent replacement for a Dell that my husband dropped which ended up with a broken DIMM and pc card slot so I am a little worried. 

Please help.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,289
Message 2 of 6

Re: My son dropped my T61

Hello, thats sad!

I would run PC Doctor and do a complete scan. You´ll find it in: start-->programs-->thinkvantage.

But if your machine is running it seems pretty ok.:smileyhappy:

Hopefully greetings!

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,283
Message 3 of 6

Most problems will come in later on, also run the PC-Doctor 5 diagnostic in your program list to check your computer. I suggest you get extended warranty for it. From my personal experience (i am clumsy), dropping it on carpet is not something that is detrimental at 1 meter height i have done it several times with my T40 and X31. While the screen would be the most important component to worry about, make sure there is no cracks or dark streaks, it is fairly expensive to replace. Whilst Harddrive are usually designed for shock at 20 G + plus when running, in addition lenovo has built in Thinkvantage Active protection for harddrive. You should be okay. Mostly superficial damages. 
Message Edited by wjli2 on 09-09-2008 07:01 AM
raelara
What's DOS?
Views: 1,277
Message 4 of 6

I ran pc-doctor and everything checked out.  It seems to be all right.

I don't know if I can afford an extended warranty.  How much does it cost?  

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,273
Message 5 of 6

I wouldn't worry about the warrranty, if the screen is okay then the rest of the laptop should be fine. 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,241
Message 6 of 6

If you need to extend the warranty you don't have to do it right now, just make sure to do it before the current warranty expires. Check your warranty status here.

Registered Linux User #160145

FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors