Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad; T61 and prior T series plus Other Legacy ThinkPads
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-02-2009

Harrisburg

2 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 2

Need Help, Network Connections/Access Connections Problems

2009-12-02, 4:27 AM

I'm trying to fix my son's T43 (win xp pro) quickly, he's finishing up his semester at college and going into the marines and has exams, etc and needs this laptop fixed as soon as possible.

Not sure how this happened, but did system update and updated all the drivers/software including access connections (now at 5.33) but access connections and Fn+F5 seems to think the wireless radio is on but the light isn't on so it's off, and Find Networks finds nothing of course. The Wireless PCI card has the latest drivers so that's good.

In a command shell i do an ipconfig and it just says "Windows IP Configuration" and no ethernet listed, neither the wireless or wired adapters. In the control panel hardware view they are there, enabled and good to go. But in Network Connections I only have the Broadband choice set to disconnected with WAN Miniport PPPOE and when i try to enable it it wants a userid/password (my other laptop has this also but also shows the wired and wireless adapters). I have a good cable connected that works fine in my other laptop so the wired connection is fine, the red/amber lights blink when in the T43 socket.

Can anyone help me to straighten this mess out? Adding new connections in Network Connections doesn't work, it just says I already have a broadband connection. I need to get him up and running asap.

Thanks for any help.

Options

18 Posts

10-13-2009

USA

14 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Need Help, Network Connections/Access Connections Problems

2009-12-02, 4:34 AM

This sounds like a similiar problem:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T61-and-prior-T-series-ThinkPad/T43-Wireless-LAN-missing/td-p/83212

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms