Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narukthul
Paper Tape
Views: 2,372
Message 1 of 6

Need help finding correct external hard drive enclosure for a T61 hard drive

Hi, recently my lenovo T61's video card fizzled out right after the warranty expired. I have information on the laptop's hard drive that i need to get off of it. I have a hard drive enclosure for my old hp laptop's hard drive but the two drive have different connectors. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to find a lenovo T61 hard drive compatible external hard drive enclosure.

The hard drive is a 100 GB 7200 RPM drive

Model: HTS722010K9SA00

HDD: 7K200-100

LENOVO P/N: 42T1056

HITACHI P/N: 0A53257

MLC: DA2141

Guru
Views: 2,351
Message 2 of 6

Re: Need help finding correct external hard drive enclosure for a T61 hard drive

There is a lot to choose from. Any USB SATA external hard drive enclosure should work. Since i don't live in the US i don't know where the best place to buy such a enclosure would be in your case. If you cannot find any maybe someone else that live in the US could help you out.

-gan

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 2,342
Message 3 of 6

Re: Need help finding correct external hard drive enclosure for a T61 hard drive

you just need a 2.5 inch SATA hdd enclosure, you can get them in many computer stores for around between 10 to 30 USD average.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
narukthul
Paper Tape
Views: 2,330
Message 4 of 6

@lead_org wrote:
you just need a 2.5 inch SATA hdd enclosure, you can get them in many computer stores for around between 10 to 30 USD average.

I'll give it a shot i'm not sure if they are all the same seeing as the 2.5 hdd enclosure for my old hp has different connectors than the lenovo hard drive in question. I'll try best buy tomorrow and see if they have the right enclosure

Guru
Views: 2,327
Message 5 of 6

If the internal 2.5" HD for your HP computer got a different kind of connector is has to be because it's a ATA and not SATA HD. The ATA connector are different, but in this case you just have to find a SATA 2.5" enclosure and it should work fine.

-gan

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 2,323
Message 6 of 6

what model is your HP laptop? also how old is it?

Prior to SATA connector there is the PATA connector.

http://archmemory.mobi/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=106&imz_s=4c80f54d8ae8704709fec3ff867052fe

have a look at this.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale