Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 1 of 20 (16,340 Views)

No Progress Screen Indicator Volume * Brightness

While pressing Volume Button or  Light Button, Sound and Brighness increase but there is no screen display of  both, I loaded all drives properly. Please help me.

Model No. 2530-A56  Z60

Blue Screen Again
Message 2 of 20 (16,299 Views)

Re: No Progress Screen Indicator Volume * Brightness

Right click on the desktop > Properties > Settings > Advanced > On Screen Display > Enable

That should do the trick.

Szabi
Punch Card
Message 3 of 20 (16,222 Views)

Not solved my problem, "On Screen Display"  not in my computer -properties-advance

My motherboad chipset 915

please give me proper advice .

Retired SuperMod
Message 4 of 20 (16,216 Views)

The "On Screen Display" is included in the Hot Key Features package. You should be able to find the package in C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERSHOTKEYS. You can download it for W2K / XP  or for Vista

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Highlighted
Punch Card
Message 5 of 20 (16,183 Views)

Thanks problem solved ( On Screen Display)

Thanks, My problem is solved. thanks lenovo forums.

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 20 (11,454 Views)

I have the same problem on my XP T-60.  The readme file lists the applicable models and the T-60 is not covered.  I have a T-61 and the same thing happened there.  If Hotkeys is not intended for these models, is there a replacement?  Also, is there a reason why these features are there one day and gone the next?  Were they blocked by a Windows update?

Paper Tape
Message 7 of 20 (11,453 Views)

Additional question - is there a way to block these features from being eliminated from my computers?  The battery meter dropped off of all of my IBM and Lenovo computer and I had to go through a double system update and then reinstall everything to get that one feature back again.

Community SuperMod
Message 8 of 20 (11,435 Views)

wreckah wrote:

I have the same problem on my XP T-60.  The readme file lists the applicable models and the T-60 is not covered.  I have a T-61 and the same thing happened there.  If Hotkeys is not intended for these models, is there a replacement?  Also, is there a reason why these features are there one day and gone the next?  Were they blocked by a Windows update?

You need a different Hotkey package for those systems:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/DRVR-MATRIX.html

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Community SuperMod
Message 9 of 20 (11,433 Views)

wreckah wrote:

Additional question - is there a way to block these features from being eliminated from my computers?  The battery meter dropped off of all of my IBM and Lenovo computer and I had to go through a double system update and then reinstall everything to get that one feature back again.

What do you mean by "The battery meter dropped off" your systems? Are you using ThinkVantage System Update?

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Paper Tape
Message 10 of 20 (11,430 Views)

What I meant was that the little green battery meter was down on the task bar one day, and it was gone the next.  I researched the solution to that problem and could find it on this forum.  I ended up doing ThinkVantage System Update 2 times (once didn't do the trick) after uninstalling the ThinkVantage Power Meter app using the Control Panel add and delete option.  It then reappeared. 

The same phenomenon occured on my T-61.  The feature was there and then one day, it was gone. 

There are so many settings in a Windows machine that change without any action on the users' part - they can only occur as a result of automatic Windows updates - at least that is my guess.

I have fixed the Power Meter problem.  Now, I am trying to bring back the Sound Meter (the little green gradation that shows the sound level when you press the sound up and sound down buttons).  There is no similar app to uninstall and reinstall as there was for the power meter. 

Other Lenovo and IBM customers have commented about the monitor light up and down meter going away, but I have never had that option on any of my computers and I don't see why you need that as I can see if the light is high or low by looking at the monitor on which the meter shows.  I do need to know if the sound level is high or low when I press the button.

Thanks for any help.

Top kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count