cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidhbrown
Serial Port
Views: 4,468
Message 1 of 3

Photoshop CS3 doesn't like "Lenovo ThinkPad LCD Monitor" color management profile

When launching Photoshop CS3 Extended, I get a warning:
The monitor profile "Lenovo ThinkPad LCD Monitor" appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software.

[Ignore Profile] [Use Anyway]
If this can be confirmed, could it please be the target of a minor update/patch?

This recent T61p 15.4" WSXGA+ notbook's monitor is honestly pretty bad in terms of color accuracy. The overall sense is very blue; yellows show up orange. Is this normal? But that's really a side issue. I do most of my work on an external monitor anyway.

SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 4,457
Message 2 of 3

Re: Photoshop CS3 doesn't like "Lenovo ThinkPad LCD Monitor" color management profile

this thread should help:

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=Special_Interest_General&thread.id=343

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

davidhbrown
Serial Port
Views: 4,431
Message 3 of 3

Re: Photoshop CS3 doesn't like "Lenovo ThinkPad LCD Monitor" color management profile

Thank you very kindly, Erik; my searches hadn't found that. However, my T61p appears to already have that software -- not surprising as that was released in December and this notebook was built about a month ago.

I tried the instructions given, but Windows said my computer was already up-to-date. I suppose I could try uninstalling what the computer came with and reinstalling the download...

[Edit 1]
Ah, wait... I retried it from the device manager instead of display properties -- here, I could be sure I was picking the proper "monitor" (the display properties showed only my external monitor). It did instal... said I had version 4.0 and v 4.1 has the "fix" according to the readme.

It wants me to reboot. I'll post again if somehow that didn't do it.

Message Edited by davidhbrown on 04-21-2008 09:36 AM

[Edit 2]
Yes, indeed... Photoshop no longer complains. So, I wonder why this isn't in the software build or at least in the updates I've been faithfully downloading. But thanks again, Erik.

Message Edited by davidhbrown on 04-21-2008 09:47 AM

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals