cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felixfelicis
Paper Tape
Views: 702
Message 1 of 2

Problem: How to uninstall a Thinkvantage update?

I installed several updates of the Thinkvantage, hoping that it could make the system run better. Unfortunately, I was wrong. The system couldn't be worse! That wireless LAN update make my connection to the Internet worse! Before it, I can have video calls smoothly; now I can't! It keeps dropping!

I really want to get rid of these updates, can anyone tell me how to uninstall these so-called updates? (I'll never install any update from them, ever!) 

normyy
Token Ring
Views: 670
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problem: How to uninstall a Thinkvantage update?

All the updates from Lenovo seem to be over-write installation; they overwrite the original application when updated. I think you can remove the application from the Windows "Add/Romove" panel, and install the original edition manually. The preload drivers are in the folder C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS, and the wireless lan driver, I think, is in the sub-folder called WLANINT2 or the like.

But before you begin to uninstall an update, I suggest you make sure the problem is surely caused by the update. I once restored the whole system (I didn't know how to uninstall updates at that time) only to find the problem remained.

I am now careful about uninstalling as well as updating.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors