cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haulmatch
Not applicable
Views: 1,204
Message 1 of 4

Purchased T60 without a Hard Drive, no passwords, please help !!!

Purchase a T60, PRODUCT ID: 1953D9U. at a bancruptcy auction. Since the compnay was under investigation hard drive has been removed and no passwords were given to me after the sale. I have all receipts to prove leagality of the purchase. Since than I have purchased an original Lenovo/ Hitachi Hard Drive ASM P/N: 39T2648, FRU P/N: 39T2649  and a battery. Installed both according to the manuals from lenovo.com. After Installation, powerd on the system and got a fingerprint reader message, pressed an option to input a PASSWORD, which I don't have.
Read extensivly on the forum about it, and only specific solution found was removing the CMOS battery, which I did according to specific instructions of "Mark_Lenovo". After that, I do not get the fingerprint reader message but still get the password icon on the left, top of the screen. Please let me know if I can somehow restore the system and input my own passwords. I do not have any manuals or recovery CD's wit the laptop.
Thank you.
mhilinski
Not applicable
Views: 1,197
Message 2 of 4

Re: Purchased T60 without a Hard Drive, no passwords, please help !!!

Please go to this link.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?doccategoryind=254158&template=%2Fproductpage%...

and when you click on thre link click on the drop down menu and select backup and restore

then you should be able to restore the system to the orginal preloaded software

thanks,

Please reply to me if this link helps

Moderator Note; shortened link to prevent horizontal scrolling. BTW it doesn't help anyway

Message Edited by andyP on 09-06-2008 09:30 PM
Matthew C Hilinski Lenovo c200 out of warrenty
ubuntu 9.0
haulmatch
Not applicable
Views: 1,187
Message 3 of 4

I have just called the support number to request a recovery CD ($45 + shipping) but the tech informed me that I also have a different problem. The icon on left, top side of the screen is the start-up password icon, which is embedded on the motherboard and there is no way to bypass it. The only way to do it is get a password from original administrator (which is impossible, since it was purchased from auction) or send it in to replace the motherboard ($450 - $600 cost). Can someone confirm this? Did I get myself into a bad deal with this purchase?
Thank you.
andyP
Not applicable
Views: 1,174
Message 4 of 4

haulmatch, welcome to the forum,

the tech in support was correct.

I'm sorry; this subject is not allowed to be discussed here as stated in the forum rules - Thread locked

No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc, nor shall any posts provide descriptions to the location of, nor direct links to content related to these topics.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors