Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad; T61 and prior T series plus Other Legacy ThinkPads
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

10-18-2008

Montréal, Québec, Canada

14 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 1 of 2

Rescue and Recovery - How do I restore data to another comptr since my laptop hard drive crashed???

2011-08-31, 1:51 AM

My T60P 8744-C9U hard drive died.  Test: BIOS encounters read errors when doing a  test - WinXP boot cd cannot find C drive.

But fortunately I did frequent backups to a USB external drive .... hum.....

So - HOW DO I RESTORE THE DATA FROM THE USB EXTERNAL DRIVE THAT WAS CREATED WITH R&R onto my other computer so I can work - a desktop - Quad XP 64 - not a Lenovo product !!!

Options

4436 Posts

01-22-2010

United States of America

38822 Signins

587206 Page Views

• Views: 587206
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Rescue and Recovery - How do I restore data to another comptr since my laptop hard drive crashed

2011-08-31, 13:07 PM

You're not going to be able to do a complete restoration onto a totally different computer, but you should be able to connect your external drive to the desktop and retrieve specific files and folders.

The only way to do a complete restoration is to get a new drive for the T60, download R&R and restore from the backup, unless you burned recovery discs, then you could restore from those and then use the backup.

Dave  

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms