cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
headgames
Paper Tape
Views: 340
Message 1 of 2

Rescue and Recovery - How do I restore data to another comptr since my laptop hard drive crashed???

My T60P 8744-C9U hard drive died.  Test: BIOS encounters read errors when doing a  test - WinXP boot cd cannot find C drive.

But fortunately I did frequent backups to a USB external drive .... hum.....

So - HOW DO I RESTORE THE DATA FROM THE USB EXTERNAL DRIVE THAT WAS CREATED WITH R&R onto my other computer so I can work - a desktop - Quad XP 64 - not a Lenovo product !!!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 332
Message 2 of 2

Re: Rescue and Recovery - How do I restore data to another comptr since my laptop hard drive crashed

You're not going to be able to do a complete restoration onto a totally different computer, but you should be able to connect your external drive to the desktop and retrieve specific files and folders.

The only way to do a complete restoration is to get a new drive for the T60, download R&R and restore from the backup, unless you burned recovery discs, then you could restore from those and then use the backup.

Dave  

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors