Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rvilil
What's DOS?
Views: 812
Message 1 of 2

Rescue and Recovery Lost after Factory Restore

I had to restore my system back to Factory state, prior to that I had the Rescue and Recovery option under Programs ThinkVantage menu, I also had the "Backup Now" option under the productivity center. After restoring to factory state I lost the Rescue and Recovery and the backup option.   I  would like to create a Recovery CD/DVD but now I cannot, I do not have the ability to do so, that is an option under the Rescue and Recovery Menu!.   - I am running Vista Business and my Thinkpad is a T60P  - Help  :-) Thank you LIliam
karimo40
Paper Tape
Views: 692
Message 2 of 2

Re: Rescue and Recovery Lost after Factory Restore

I think I have a similar issue, although I did not do a factory restore. I bought my T61 running Vista Home Premium this summer, and within a couple of months, the second entry under the Productivity Center's Quick Links is blank (actually, there is a bullet point with a few stray pixels just to its left). I think it may have been labelled Backup Now, because I can still click it and it will launch Rescue and Recovery.

Not a critical bug, but annoying and the sort of thing I expected to avoid by purchasing from a top name in the business.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors