Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renees
Paper Tape
Views: 550
Message 1 of 1

Rescue and Recovery -- USB external hard drive

Can anyone recommend the best external hard drive to use for Thinkvantage Rescue and Recovery?  I've been doing some research and I'm concerned about the Maxtor "one touch" software.  If I choose to purchase a Maxtor external hard drive should I go in and delete any software on the drive before I back up from Rescue and Recovery? I have been having a lot of problems with Rescue and Recovery -- it's difficult to delete past backups, and I get hangups.  But eventually it usually backs up.  I have read reviews for the Maxtor one touch software and it sounds like it doesn't work well for restoring an entire system (problems with certain files, such as hidden files, etc.).  But maybe that's not true?  Also, do you recommend that I delete all previous backups before running a Rescue and Recovery backup?  If not, if I ever had to restore from it, would it automatically use the most current backup?

Thanks in advance for any advice!  I'm a novice, but I want to make sure that everything is backed up properly.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors