Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rborland_mvp
Token Ring
Views: 434
Message 1 of 2

Restoring previous UltraNav driver to disable smooth scrolling

The latest system update installed UltraNav driver 16.1.1.0 of 4/6/2012.  This apparently implements smooth scrolling which is very nice to use BUT it significantly reduces my battery life.  I'd like to optimise battery life and return to my previous scrolling functionality. 

I'd appreciate advice on how to determine which version of the driver I was running before this update, and how can I restore that version of the driver.  (I tried using the roll-back function in Windows Device Manager but that installed version 7.5.27.24 of 7/6/2007 which disbaled scrolling altogether.)

T61

7658CTO 

Windows XP SP3

rborland_mvp
Token Ring
Views: 407
Message 2 of 2

Re: Restoring previous UltraNav driver to disable smooth scrolling

I stumbled onto the Fn-F8 facility for managing UltraNav and realise that I was confusing the smooth-scrolling function introduced in recent versions of FireFox with the EdgeMotion function in UltraNav which was presumable introduced on my system when I upgraded UltraNav from 7.5.17.24 to 16.1.1.0.  I have disabled smooth-scrolling in FireFox but enabled EdgeMotion in UltraNav which seems like a nice compromise between convenience and power consumption.

I still have minor quibbles with UltraNav, specifically, when I try to scroll within drop-down boxes in my usual Web applications (like Redmine, for example) the drop-down pane immediately disappears.  I have to drag the pane control on the right (sorry, don't know the correct name for this) to find the option to select.  Before the upgrade I could scroll within dropdowns on the trackpad.  I also have a little block with up and down marks appearing to the left of the pointer arrow when I scroll which wasn't there before.  I'd appreciate any advice about addressing these issues.

Top Kudoed Authors