cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rockstar_not
Paper Tape
Views: 389
Message 1 of 3

Startup - won't fire up windows unless left on for 15 minutes and POST beep message now and then

I have an issue where my z61m won't boot when it's sitting at room temp.  Sometimes a POST beep code of 1 long 2 short will occur which points to these as culprits supposedly:  1. System board. 2. LCD assembly. 3. DIMM.

However if I just let the machine sit with the power on for perhaps 15 minutes, it will then boot on a subsequent power off/power on cycling and function entirely normally.

PC doctor reveals no issue with either the RAM nor the CPU nor the system board nor anything else.

Any ideas on what might be going on?  I'm actually typing this post from the z61m.

Former Employee
Views: 371
Message 2 of 3

Re: Startup - won't fire up windows unless left on for 15 minutes and POST beep message now and then

hey rockstar_not,

hard to say what's going on here, but could you remove the RAM and then reinsert and see if that works.

also do a system update for your unit.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
rockstar_not
Paper Tape
Views: 345
Message 3 of 3

Re: Startup - won't fire up windows unless left on for 15 minutes and POST beep message now and then

Tried that and also tried booting with only 1 stick at a time, in the different 2 slots.  Still same issue.

How can I tell which exact system board I have - if the system now is totally dead?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals