ayyyeaali
What's DOS?
Views: 935
Message 1 of 2

Stuck Key Error on Lenovo Thinkpad T60

ERROR

0210: Stuck Key 01

Press <F1> to Setup

This is what happens when I try to turn my laptop on. My battery is faulty, so my charging adapter has to stay plugged in at all times. I would normally power off the computer the right way but i began to feel lazy and i would just plug the adapter out, causing the power to be lost. I believe this contributed to my issue (according to my research).

This has been an issue for about four months and i stopped trying to fix it. But, a few days ago, I tried again and instead of that usual error, it said:

ERROR

0210: KEY STUCK 7D

I began pressing random keys to see if any were stuck, then the Windows logo randomly appeared.

I was able to use it for a couple of days (I shut it down the correct way). There would be a blank black screen and "-" at the top left corner. But in less than 2 minutes it would disappear and i'd see the Windows logo. 

This was all going well until last night, when the charger was accidentally plugged out. I tried turning it back on and i kept getting the initial error message:

ERROR

0210: Stuck Key 01

Press <F1> to Setup

I don't know what to do at this point because I really need to use my laptop. Please give your suggestions.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 912
Message 2 of 2

Re: Stuck Key Error on Lenovo Thinkpad T60

That kind of error almost always requires a keyboard replacement.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals