09-10-2008 02:32 PM
I just bought a ThinkPad minidock and an external LCD monitor,
When I press Fn+F7 to access Presentation Director, the screen flashes but does not allow me to select anything.
I have unstalled latest version 7jua07ww.exe Presentation director, but nothing has changed.
Now both screens are on, but external screen will not display videos when played from Nero Showtime,
OK directly from CNN or BBC. Internal screen plays OK regardless of source. But cannot turn off internal screen.
T40 2376-4U1 512MB RAM (2 x 256MB)
40GB 5400rpm HDD; 14.1 XGA(1024x768) TFT LCD;32MB ATI Radeon 7500
16x10x24x/8x CD-RW/DVD (slim);56K Modem (CDC);1GB Ethernet (LOM);Intel 802.11b Wireless (MPCI);Secure Chip (TCPA)
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-11-2008 01:58 AM
09-11-2008 06:42 AM
Syrenab, welcome to the forum,
You can only display films on one of the screens; you need to edit your profile in PD. On the "display" page you can select internal or external as primary for film projection, sorry, you can't have both.
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + pointsDid you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.
Forum Search OptionT430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное СообществоPepperonI blog
09-15-2008 10:35 AM
The help screens are not helpful!
I finally managed to find the correct way to switch between the T40 monitor and and the external monitor. se the following:
>>THINKPAD - EXTERNAL MONITOR - T40 with ATI Radeon Adapter - Win XP
After attaching an external monitor to a ThinkPad Laptop, both monitors will be operating. You may control the monitors as follows:
1. Click in turn: Start - Settings - Control Panel - Display
2. On the Display Properties screen select the Settings tab to show a screen with two numbered squares (representing the two monitors) on it. Click on Identofy, to make sure that a large numeral 1 (indicating primary display) shows on BOTH monitors, external and laptop, if not go through steps 3 and 4.
Otherwise proceed directly to Step 5
3. Click in Monitor 2, make sure that "Ëxtend my Windows desktop....." is NOT checked,
Click on Monitor 1, to reveal the ATI controls screen. Click on Help to access the ATI help menu, if needed.
4. Click on Displays tab, to reveal screen with Monitor, Panel and TV on it,
On both Monitor and Panel, Click on blue icon with concentric cirles, to make them both primary,
Click OK, then make sure that BOTH monitors, external and laptop, have large numeral 1 showing.
5. Click on Monitor 1, to reveal the ATI controls screen.
Click on Displays tab, to reveal screen with Monitor, Panel and TV on it.
To turn Laptop (Panel) screen OFF, click on green Switch Icon on left of "Panel" tab.
Switch should turn RED, Monitor switch will turn GREY
Click OK, then Apply. Both screens should momentarily go black,
then external Monitor will come on,
Laptop screen stays dark,
6. To turn Laptop screen back on ON, repeat step 5, but this time press Red switch, so that both switches turn GREEN.<<