Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
casao
Paper Tape
Views: 1,104
Message 1 of 4

T22 doesn`t recognize D-Link DWL-650 Wireless Adapter + WPA problem

Hi everyone.

I have a Thinkpad T22 and when I updated it from Win2000 to XP (SP3) it stopped recognizing my D-Link DWL-650 Wireless Adapter. I`ve already updated the PC Bios, and almost every driver available here at Lenovo support page but nothing happens. The Windows recognize the hardware as"Ethernet Controller" (but the card lights not even turn on) and I can`t find the driver. Then I installed the driver from D-Link site but nothing happens at the end of installation.

The internet "wired" is working fine with no problems at all.

Anyone had any issues like this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Moderator edit: Added adapter type to subject.

casao
Paper Tape
Views: 1,049
Message 2 of 4

Re: T22 doesn`t recognize Wireless Adapter

Hi.

Well, I must tell you guys that after trying 5 different versions of the driver offered on D-Link site, I managed to make the card work. It does recognize my wireless network but can't connect to it because of the encryption. I use WPA but the DWL-650 just shows WEP. And I know it can support WPA because on Windows 2000 it worked just fine.

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem? And administrators, should I put this in another thread or I can leave it here?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,032
Message 3 of 4

Re: T22 doesn`t recognize D-Link DWL-650 Wireless Adapter + WPA problem

OK to leave the second part of your question here. This is really about the D-Link DWL-650, and Googling around I see people did have issues with WPA and the drivers.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
casao
Paper Tape
Views: 988
Message 4 of 4

Re: T22 doesn`t recognize D-Link DWL-650 Wireless Adapter + WPA problem

Thanks Babanaman.

I hope someone come up with some ideas to help me. In the meanwhile, I'll keep searching for a solution.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals