Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

T41 Bluetooth wont switch on.

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I recently bought a T41 2373-4PG for spares/repair with the common GPU fault and with no RAM or HDD.  I re-flowed the GPU in my reflow oven and fixed that fault,  I then fitted 512mb RAM and 80gb HDD.  I bought a T41 restore disk off ebay and got the laptop working.  Immediately it all worked OK - including the bluetooth however after a couple of weeks and some windows updates and software installs the bluetooth stopped working all together.  I have tried to switch the bluetooth on using fn+f5 but the light does not light up and it does not appear in the device manager.

The bluetooth card fitted was a BMDC200 91P7315.  I had a spare BMDC 93P3471 which I fitted but on boot I got a message something along the lines of " unauthorized daughter card fitted please remove and reboot".  I bought a replacement card the same as the one I removed but still have the same problem.

I do not know if it is a coincidence but around the time of the bluetooth not working I started to get an error on shutdown of "End program - Sample.  This program is not responding ....."  I then have to click "end now" 3 times before it will shut down.

Up until this point I was really happy with this laptop and would even go as far as to say it is the best laptop I have ever owned!!

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator edit: Fixed typo in subject.