Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brindlpd
What's DOS?
Views: 294
Message 1 of 2

T41 motherboard replacement - restart issues

Hi everyone, I'm new on this board but am hoping someone will be kind enough to help with my problem.

my faithful T41 suddenly developed a black screen issue, no beeps, or indications of a problem starting up, just no screen image. I hooked it up to an external monitor and same thing. Some internet trawling soon indicated probable graphics chip issue, caused by flexing of mobo when picking up the laptop (whoops - that definitely happened). So conclusion was a new motherboard was necessary.

sourced brand new mobo, stripped out old one, and fired up. POST produces 4 beeps in 4 cycles, and no screen image. IBM manual says I need to use maintenance diskette to reset serial numbers etc. But (a) I never got these details from the old mobo and (b) I can't see anything on the screen even if I try to get into BIOS during start up.

Am now a bit stuck - any advice is welcome.

thanks in advance

paul

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 274
Message 2 of 2

Re: T41 motherboard replacement - restart issues

4 sets of 4 beeps generally meand bad motherboard.  I would remove and reseat memory, but if that doesn't work, return the board to the seller, if possible.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors