Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2manyusernames
Paper Tape
Views: 1,388
Message 1 of 5

T42 Product Recovery failed to Restore Your System

I've got an IBM T42 Thinkpad; had it for about 6 years and it's done me proud.

Any time I got a serious virus I would just hit the blue "Access IBM" button on startup, and run a factory reset. Brilliant.

I got a virus recently and decided to do a factory reset today. However, when I tried to do it this time I got the error message "IBM Product Recovery Failed to Restore Your System" shortly after it started. I don't have the recovery CDs and I don't know what to do.

Can anyone help?

Vince69
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,361
Message 2 of 5

Re: T42 Product Recovery failed to Restore Your System

Hello mate,

You can buy the recovery cds from Lenovo, or you can download a windows cd and install it and then download the drivers from the Lenovo website.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

2manyusernames
Paper Tape
Views: 1,353
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply Vince, appreciate it.

Do you know off the top of your head how expensive the CDs are from Lenovo?

I did some reading, and it seems people are having the same issue even witht he CDs. They do the 7 disk cycle, then when they go to restore factory settings, they getting the same error message in the same place as I'm getting mine.

I guess there's onlyone way to find out!

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 1,341
Message 4 of 5

i dont think you purchase the recovery media for T42 anymore, however, you can probably get one from marketplace on forum.thinkpads.com
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
ygoldber
What's DOS?
Views: 1,278
Message 5 of 5

hi, 

i have a similar problem but by me the recovery stops after 1 disk and dos not ask yo insert the other 2 disks like it was before....

i have a T41 IBM Thinkpad.

thank u.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals