cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryguy4
Paper Tape
Views: 1,328
Message 1 of 3

T43 Recovery - Loaded all 7 disk and "IBM PRODUCT RECOVERY FAILURE DURING THE CONVERTION PHASE'

Hi All,

Okay, I have been spinning my head, I have an OEM version of the Rescue and Recovery and Product Recovery disk from IBM, since the T43 that I got from someone, was wiped with a messed up XP loaded onto it.  Thus, I figure that I was restore the T43 back to factory condition. However when I have run thru disk 1-7, I get this dreaded message 'IBM Product Recovery Failure During the Convertion Phase'. Any one have any suggestions as I have run it three times and all loaded up until after the 7th disk, I get this error message when the system reboots after loading the final disk.

I rather try to keep it Factory OEM, but I'm thinking, myabe I should just re-install XP on a reformated HDD, but more of a hassle to try to reload all the drivers and maybe some missing DLL files too...

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Bryguy4
Paper Tape
Views: 1,299
Message 2 of 3

Re: T43 Recovery - Loaded all 7 disk and "IBM PRODUCT RECOVERY FAILURE DURING THE CONVERTION PH

Now my message says " IBM Product Recovery Failed to restore your system" ....so what next??? I am at a lost and I really don't want to re-load Win XP directly.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 1,269
Message 3 of 3

Re: T43 Recovery - Loaded all 7 disk and "IBM PRODUCT RECOVERY FAILURE DURING THE CONVERTION PH

you would need another set of these discs. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors