cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 6,039

Question

I run windows XP sp2, and about  aweek ago I started getting a fan error message on myT60 , so I decided to replace the fan, havingdone this previously (1.5 years ago) with a refurbished fan which is the one that was now failing. After replacing the fan and restarting I got the following message:

error message:  STOP 0x0000007b (0xF7A38524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Basically this comes up every time i restart regardless of how i do it, I tried safe mode and restarting with last known working config and it is all failing.  Any clues as to what to do??

Answer

If one disconnects the CMOS battery whilst exchanging the fan, or selects reload BIOS default settings, it is possible that the HDD may now be set to AHCI instead of compatibility mode.

The 7b started to be a daily question when SATA discs and controllers came onto the market.

Searching the community for 0x0000007b, there are a surprising number of results which suggests how commonly this symptom and resulting setting change may apply.

Was this information helpful?