Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
yaroosh
Paper Tape
Views: 16,501
Message 1 of 5

T60 Battery ; Plugged in, not charging, I get it to work eventually, but it can drain my battery!!

Hi,

I have an IBM T60, my battery works fine. Lost an hour of battery life from when it was first bought, but that's not the issue.

When I plug in my charger sometimes (most times), I check the battery thing in the taskbar and it says "Plugged in, not charging". 

I worked out how to resolve this by taking my battery out, leaving it out, while the laptop is plugged in, and then putting it back in

Sometimes I get home from school and the battery is at 20%, I just charge it over night, or think i am, and it doesn't. That's the issue, I don't realise it! 

please help.

Thankyou.

yaroosh
Paper Tape
Views: 16,500
Message 2 of 5

Re:T60 Battery;Plugged in, not charging, I get it to work eventually, but it can drain my battery!!

Oh, and another thing. This happens to my brother aswell (also owns a T60); the laptop would be working fine, until it decides to give us a black screen. Only way out of this is to put it to sleep, and wake it up again. Nothing in particular starts this issue.

Thanks

Former Administrator
Views: 16,487
Message 3 of 5

Re: Re:T60 Battery;Plugged in, not charging, I get it to work eventually, but it can drain my battery!!

Yaroosh,

Welcome to the forum.    If you click on the battery icon (power manager) and click the battery information tab, what does the cycle count, wh capacity remaining and design capacity of the battery show?

While you don't have the likely symptoms, it may be worthwhile to check out this special services page on batteries on the support site to see if your particular battery is affected.   You can check by barcode, or install and run the little application.

I might also check to ensure your battery fits well in the machine and you don't have a loose connection.  When you have removed the battery, you might also inspect the contacts on the battery and the Thinkpad to ensure they are clean and not oxidized. 

It would be interesting to know the battery stats, and I'm sure others will have advice here as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Mark

Drops2710
What's DOS?
Views: 15,904
Message 4 of 5

Re: Re:T60 Battery;Plugged in, not charging, I get it to work eventually, but it can drain my batte

Hello,

Is there a fix already? I have a similar problem. The battery icon in the task bar says "On AC power". The power remains on 19%.

I have a T60 with a 68Panasonic92P1133 battery and Windows XP professional installed.

Bye

Konrad

Drops2710
What's DOS?
Views: 15,881
Message 5 of 5

Re: Re:T60 Battery;Plugged in, not charging, I get it to work eventually, but it can drain my batte

Hi,

I fixed the problem, but I don't know how, since I did 3 things at once:

- installing the power management update via lenovo system update

- rebooting

- before that, plug out the battery, give it an angry look

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors