Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
littlejt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,693
Message 1 of 6

T60 - Product Recovery failed during the convertion phase

Hey. I get this problem (Product Recovery failed during the convertion phase) when I use the R&R (blue button pressed during boot up) when i try to restore my system to factory settings. I've tried using the recovery discs but it just goes to 'recovery is complete' after going to a black screen. However, nothing was done. Previously, it would take some time to load and ask for the other 8 discs to be inserted sequentialy.

Can anyone advice me on of how i can recover my hdd back to factory default settings. I've tried reformatting using an xp retail cd and reformatting as an ext hdd  followed by the usageof these discs but the results remain the same. 

thanks

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 2,692
Message 2 of 6

Re: T60 - Product Recovery failed during the convertion phase

unfortunately inorder to bring back the laptop to the original setting, you would need a copy of the Product recovery media disks. Do you make a set before you proceeded to restore the laptop?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 2,684
Message 3 of 6

lead_org wrote:
you would need a copy of the Product recovery media disks. Do you make a set before you proceeded to restore the laptop?

@ littlejt,

the 8 disks you refered to in your post; are they recovery disks from Lenovo or ones you created yourself?

Thanks

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

littlejt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,655
Message 4 of 6

Hi.The 9 recovery discs were given to me by Lenovo. Somehow, i could load my HDD to another T60 and run those recovery discs perfecty fine. However, when i connect the HDD back to my own, the recovery disc doesn't really work. It gets the same error as before where after pressing Y to all the conditions, it just goes to a black screen followed by a page " recovery compeleted" when nothing actually happened. I also loaded the r&r at bootup and had the same product recovery failed during the convertion phase when trying to recover to factory settings.

could there be anything wrong with my bios? the only thing different from the other T60 is the 3gb ram of which both are 3rd party.

thanks!

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 2,647
Message 5 of 6

A bad stick of memory can create merry havok when trying to install / recover a system. I'd start looking there, maybe test the sticks with memtest86. Or, as you have access to another system you could try swapping the sticks out.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

littlejt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,637
Message 6 of 6

hi. thanks alot. it seems that my 1gb stick is corrupted. i took it out and it seems to be able to run now.

thanks guys!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals