Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luftek
Paper Tape
Views: 845
Message 11 of 16

Re: T60 VGA port not displaying to external device

Hi zdrapkozdrafkov,

can you provide pictures or PCB layout. Thank you for anything!

zdrapkozdrafkov
Paper Tape
Views: 818
Message 12 of 16

Hi Luftek

I made it on my R60 and i don't know that r61 t61 or t60 has the same mainboard but i think it is quite similar.
1. For first you need to uncover all laptop. Only LCD can stay in one piece.
    Here you have a service manual. It's really helpful for disassembling:
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/42x3749.pdf
2. The Integreted circuits which we are serching for are on the backside of motherboard.
3. Here is a foto with pinout. (It's not mine it's from http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Lenovo-R60-FRU-42W2585-non-integrated-motherboard/510666705.html#... i don't want to uncover my laptop anymore but i mark what you need to find)

R60 PCB

4. When you get to those ICs check if there is a shortcut cirucit between pin 1 and GND. If is it's broken.
5. You need to buy this integrated cirucits - 3 pieces (or if you have one of RGB color maybe you need less) and replace it.

You can also make like me but take care that you will can't connect a monitor from docking station anymore. Just remove them and connect pin 1 with pin 4. Be really carefull the pads are very small and very  close to each other. I remove the ICs and just cut out from board those pads of pins 2, 3, 5 and 6 and then connect pin 1 and 4 with thin piece of solder or you can make this with very thin wire. I use for that soldering iron zd-98.

here you have a datasheet of that IC:
http://www.maoye-smd.com/canshu/pdf/2012-7-8/NC7SB3157.PDF
take a look for schematic on pages 27 and 72.

I don't know if your problem is the same but you can try. Be careful and don't destroy anything.
Wish you good work.

best regards from Poland

luftek
Paper Tape
Views: 808
Message 13 of 16

Thank you for a detailed explanation zdrapkozdrafkov !!

This things (DisplayLink) have no support in Linux, that is why I revisited this. Smiley Very Happy

Great work you did. I think it should be something similarly wrong with my VGA. I looked at schematics and it is a simple mux-2 switch. I could change them, i have changed CCFL backlight twice on mine T60. Smiley Happy

But I have a second option, that is working. DVI-D(HDMI) digital output is working like a charm.
It is unfortunate that I have realized it just now. I had a dock station before tthe incident few year ago. Smiley Happy  After that I have bought an USB2DVI/VGA adapter which is now redundant.

Be good!

Highlighted
tpd33
Punch Card
Views: 529
Message 14 of 16

Hello,
Can anybody confirm that NC7SB3157, FSA3157 Low Voltage SPDT Analog Switch is used with ThinkPad T60 FRU:42T0120 Laptop Motherboard? I prefer not to open it if possible.
Thanks
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 508
Message 15 of 16

Have you tried setting the BIOS to start up with VGA primary?  Have you tried Fn+F7? 

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
tpd33
Punch Card
Views: 502
Message 16 of 16

I tried everything, including different external monitors and cables. No, VGA port is dead for sure. To fix it cost 35-50$, for that kind of money I can buy used working motherboard. I already ordered demupltiplexer IC (20 pcs cost 4.31$). If I fail, I'll buy used motherboard rather. Can you give me an advice regarding T61/61p motherboards with 256MB graphics suitable to build a Frankenpad?

Thanks 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors