12-28-2018 01:38 PM
I have (amongst other T series) a T60 (upgraded) with Windows7 installed.
The TrackPoint works OK (it appears in the BIOS and in the Control Panel options) and the left/right click buttons work OK.
The TouchPad does not work. In BIOS and the Control Panel there is no mention of "UltraNav" or "TouchPad".
I have read that I need to download a driver called "Synaptics ThinkPad UltraNav".
Please advise 1) which driver do I need; 2) where can I find it?; 3) when I download it, what do I do with the driver?
Thanks in advance.
12-28-2018 02:37 PM
The best place I have found for older Thinkpad T60 drivers is the site below.
The UltraNav driver you are seeking is
UltraNav Utility for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit)
Lenovo has a portal at https://download.lenovo.com/eol/, but it is not nearly as complete as Thinkpads.com.
12-30-2018 09:21 AM
Hi JDG. Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I have looked at the first link, thank you, and also downloaded the driver (an executable file) from the second link and installed it.
Unfortunately, the TouchPad is still not working. (I also have a "USB keyboard with UltraNav" (31P8953) and the keyboard works OK but the TrackPoint and TouchPad do not work ==> there is not a hardware fault on the T60.)
1) I have looked at F1>Bios>Config and there is no mention of UltraNav or TouchPad.
2) I have looked at Control Panel>Programs and it lists "ThinkPad UltraNav Utility" with today's date.
3) Control Panel>Mouse shows a tab for "TrackPoint" (but I think that this should say "UltraNav" with two sections - TouchPad and TrackPoint).
4) CProgram Files>ThinkPad>UltraNav Utility lists files with today's date.
5) I have "Shut Down" and rebooted many times but to no avail.
I would be grateful for any other suggestions about solving the problem - TrackPoint works but TouchPad does not work.