cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morisn
Paper Tape
Views: 867
Message 1 of 6

T60 and prior - Is there any tool to identify the slots and memory type used?

Hello.

I would like to know if such tool exists? This in order to avoid having to open the laptop to check the actual physical setting.

I remember long time ago, there used to be a tool that was able to identify the used slots in a PC memory bank but forgot its name and not sure if there'd be one available for laptops.

I need to know this configuration - if possible without having to open the machine, in order to upgrade RAM.

Thank you very much, in advance.

Moris.

SeniorGuru
Views: 849
Message 2 of 6

Re: T60 and prior - Is there any tool to identify the slots and memory type used?

This one works just fine on all of my ThinkPads. It displays a lot more info than just memory. It's Made in Canada and it's free too Smiley Wink

SIW - System Information for Windows

Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 819
Message 3 of 6

Re: T60 and prior - Is there any tool to identify the slots and memory type used?

CPU-Z is another great little tool
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
morisn
Paper Tape
Views: 784
Message 4 of 6

Thank you, nice tool. If it could only run as a stand-alone, that'll be great!  ;-)

Some of the machines I need to check for upgrade may not have local admin rights, but this is a start.

Thanks again.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 763
Message 5 of 6

you don't need to install CPU-Z it runs as a standalone program...
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
morisn
Paper Tape
Views: 725
Message 6 of 6

Yes, dumb me, I had only tried the setup download version thinking the .zip was the same thing but only zipped!

It worked as a stand alone app when I downloaded and unzipped the other one, so thank you!!!

Morisn.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals