cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hyoo
Paper Tape
Views: 428
Message 1 of 4

T60 display dead; external display is ok.

Hi, I have a T60 (14.1 inches, 1440x900, 8743-4UK) and the internal display is not working.

What I found out:

1) It does not seem to be a simple backlight failure - it really shows nothing.

2) It is not an inverter problem, I have replaced it (although with a used part) but it still does not work.

3) External display works just fine.

4) When I checked with my external display, I found that the internal display is not recognized at all, as if it was simply not connected.

I really liked the keyboard -- I am willing to fix it if it does not cost a fortune.

Thanks in advance for all help!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 387
Message 2 of 4

Re: T60 display dead; external display is ok.

There are separate outputs from the graphics chip for internal vs. external screens.  There is no way to know what's wrong without swapping parts.  (parts involved: motherboard, panel, cable inverter)  If the inverter was changed and the backlight doesn't come on, and there is no dark picture the problem isn't the panel.  I would inspect the cable.  If there is no obvious damage motherboard is most likely the problem.

Using the external monitor,, I would first boot into the BIOS and confirm LCD is primary output.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
hyoo
Paper Tape
Views: 360
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your advice, I can confirm the BIOS settings are correct. I will try to get a replacement cable and post the results after I replace them.

hyoo
Paper Tape
Views: 332
Message 4 of 4

The problem was indeed with the cable. Thanks a lot for your help!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors