Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlhk
What's DOS?
Views: 836
Message 1 of 4

T60 display problem - boot in low resolution pink/blue shade

I have a T60 2623D7U that has a screen resolution of 1400x1050. The problem I am having is that when I start the laptop it starts up with a really low resolution, probably 640x480, and the colour of the screen sometimes has a pink or blue shade. Sometimes it flickers with white horizontal lines. When Windows XP is loaded, I cannot change the screen resolution and even though it shows that it is 1024x768, it is probably still showing at 640x480.  Every once in a while it will actually start up with the correct screen resolution and everything works perfectly, but this only happens very rarely. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 826
Message 2 of 4

Re: T60 display problem - boot in low resolution pink/blue shade

does this problem occur on external screen?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
SandraLewis1478
Paper Tape
Views: 75
Message 3 of 4

. I just had this "pink screen" issue. Between check loose cable, bad graphics card, etc. I was really worried and then I ran across: Check your Graphics Control Panel. First I set it back to default and then adjusted the color. That's all it took.
Highlighted
SeniorGuru
Views: 50
Message 4 of 4

@SandraLewis1478 wrote:
. I just had this "pink screen" issue. Between check loose cable, bad graphics card, etc. I was really worried and then I ran across: Check your Graphics Control Panel. First I set it back to default and then adjusted the color. That's all it took.

Welcome to the forum.

The "pink screen" is usually a sign of impending backlight failure on ThinkPads of this vintage (pre LED backlights) The easiest way to determine if this is the case would be to connect your T60 to an external monitor. If the "pink screen" doesn't appear on that monitor then the CCFL backlight in the T60 is failing. 

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale