Paper Tape
Views: 2,155
Message 1 of 4

T60 driver not installed in device manager

System Windows XP Pro

Product ID # 63696RU

Mobile Intel 945GM/GMS/940GML Express chipsets or Intel 945GT Express chipset

Problem:  In device manager a SM bus controller is showing a yellow ? mark

Actions: I have downloaded all chipset drivers I could find from the Lenovo website and Intel website. I have tried many attempts to update or reload this driver and it does not work or find any other drivers needed.  I have installed the tool box and it just tells me the same information that that this driver is not installed.

There are no other issues and the laptop seems to running correctly, but the fear that something is amiss makes me worry about this issue. I have read many threads on this issue and they all seem to point to the chipset drivers and as far as I can tell all drivers are installed, but condition persists.

I could sure use some help on this issue. I understand that I am not a computer expert, that is why I am posting this.

Thanking everybody in advance.  

Centex
Token Ring
Views: 2,128
Message 2 of 4

Re: T60 driver not installed in device manager

OK, I have a T60p and I'm looking at the Device Manager.

I don't see anything named "SM Bus Controller."

There is something named "SM Driver". When I expand this, there is an "SM bios service"  and an "SM bus service" as sub-items.

So, I'm not sure what you are talking about, because I don't see any such thing as "SM Bus Controller."

Maybe your machine really doesn't have an "SM Bus Controller." Maybe you need to right click on it and select "Uninstall."

Centex

poobaswine
Paper Tape
Views: 2,123
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply and help up front. I checked and it does not expand, and all it says is SM bus Controller. I also tried to just disable it but every time the system reboots or scans for new hardware it comes back.

There is one other thing that I forgot to mention also in previous posts.  Right now I am waiting to purchase a new battery and so for right now it is operation with no battery installed in the machine.  Just wanted to be as detailed as possible.

Thanks Again.

Message Edited by poobaswine on 05-15-2009 07:49 AM
Centex
Token Ring
Views: 2,109
Message 4 of 4

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals