Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itworker
Paper Tape
Views: 1,079
Message 1 of 5

T60 system update does not work, no applicable packages for my system

Hello all, I have a lenovo T60 laptop that I am trying to update using think vantage system update.  When I try to upgrade, the program tells me that there are no applicable packages for my system.  I researched the matter and found this as a solution:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/ThinkVantage-System-Update-quot-There-are-no-a...

However, when I run the older version of system update, it wants me to update the program with no options to not update. I then get the same message that there are no applicable packages for my system.

Has anyone else run into this problem and found a solution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TuuS
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,044
Message 2 of 5

Re: T60 system update does not work, no applicable packages for my system

That solution was for a problem back in may, are you saying it's not been resolved since then? 

It sounds like your system is up to date, so there are no updates needed, perhaps you can compare the versions of that are install with what is offered on the website for your installed programs and drivers, and if you can find one that isn't the latest, then that would prove there really is a problem, and it could be submitted to development (again).

ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 8gb ram.
itworker
Paper Tape
Views: 1,026
Message 3 of 5

Hello and thank you for your response.

The only driver loaded on the T60 (2007) laptop is the network driver in order to get the system update software in order to complete the driver installations.

System update still does not work, I contacted lenovo and they told me to get version 4 that only works for Windows 7 even though I explained that this is a Windows XP machine and needs an earlier working version of system update.

Still unresolved, lenovo's support hasn't helped yet, so I'm hoping the community might know something better.

TuuS
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,015
Message 4 of 5

I've used it successfully on several WinXP, Vista and Win7 T61 thinkpads, so it's surprising that it won't work with a T60. My best guess is there is a database problem, and it isn't correctly identifying your system so can't find the proper drivers, but if you go to the website, enter your machine type, or use auto detect (must use internet explorer), it will give you the entire list of drivers and updates, and you can download and install any that you need, just be sure to pick the correct ones for your windows version.
ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 8gb ram.
Guru
Views: 1,004
Message 5 of 5

Did you use System Update 3.15?

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Coffee must be like women's eyes: deep black & shiny. ThinkPads have to be like men's feet: deep black & matte!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors