Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jehharris
Paper Tape
Views: 2,905
Message 1 of 5

T61 Audio Problems -weird audio control

I am sure I have done something to my system, but not sure what.  The system has audi output from Rhapsody music player, Windows Media Player, and DVD movie player.  The system DOES NOT have audio from within Windows Explorer.

The keyboard volume controls and mute work (physically).  The disply pops up on the screen but does not reflect volume increse, decrease or mute.  It never changes.  The speaker icon has also vanished from the bbottom right of the screen. 

I have redownloaded the latest audio drivers for my system, redownloaded DirectX, the UAAHD files, keyboard drivers, Thinkvantage keyboard customer.  I have also tried a restore from previous backup.  No joy.  I tried setting audio properties in control panel to display the speaker icon.  It is selected, but never shows.

What am I missing?  I have college courses online that stream over the web that I cannot hear.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

James
jehharris
Paper Tape
Views: 2,890
Message 2 of 5

Re: T61 Audio Problems -weird audio control

OK found solution.  It took alot of searching...

tried reinstalling other versions of the Flash player, but to no success … So I added the mapping myself via the registry.

Go to the following sweetspot in your registry:

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

Create a new String value named “wavemapper“. As value give it “msacm32.drv“.

And that’s it, no restart necessary, all your Flash embedded videos will have sound again Smiley Happy

tls
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,537
Message 3 of 5

T61 with WINXP and SP3.

I have the exact same problem. The mute button works, but the volume does not. Further the computer beeps. No wav files, etc. It worked yesterday. It might be intermitten. I did recently perform a clean install. It has been acting wonky since. If I reinstall the microsoft drivers (kb888111xp2en.exe) and then the lenovo drivers (soundmax) it starts working.

I even changed the registry setting to trick the microsoft driver that SP2 was installed because once SP3 is installed, the microsoft driver will not install).

I checked the regstry entry described below and it exists and is correct. Also, the desired file msacm32.drv) is in the win/system32 folder.

Any help is appreciated!

tls

tls
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,506
Message 4 of 5

How to "unsolve" an issue?

Thanks!

Tls

tls
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,486
Message 5 of 5

I found additional info... There is a utility called CPU-Z. You get this to find out your chipset.

Then at the intel site you download a utility for your chipset. Mine was "IATA85ENU.exe". It is the Intel Matrix Storage manager. Run this and reboot. It has been working since (a few reboots so far and sound is working correctly).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors