Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad; T61 and prior T series plus Other Legacy ThinkPads
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-19-2008

Florida

3 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 1 of 1

T61 Docking Station USB Ports Stopped Working

2008-12-19, 18:20 PM
I shutdown (powered down) my laptop and undocked my laptop for a few hours.  When I returned to my desk to re-dock.  The docking station would not work at all.  I could see the hard drive light come on, but no keyboard, mouse, or monitor.  I work in a large office and have access to spare parts so I swapped out the docking station.  The monitor now works, but none of the USB ports on the new docking station worked.  I took my laptop to another desk with peripherals that I know work perfectly and had the same problem with the USB ports on the docking station.  The USB ports on the laptop work fine however.  I have narrowed the problem down to my T61.  I did not install anything in the few hours I was undocked so I have no idea what changed. However, I do know that all machines in my work environment receive automated updates in the background.  But so far I am the only person with this problem.  I am running Windows XP/SP3.  I also upgraded the BIOS from 2.21 to 2.24. I am out of ideas. Please help!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms