cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techno_techie
Punch Card
Views: 6,320
Message 41 of 239

Re: Disappointing display and no satisfaction from Lenovo tech depot...

I just called tech support again.  They couldn't even help me with the paid replacement.  I was willing to have the LCD replaced and switched at a price.  I received an excellent deal on my T61, so I figured a little extra cost (i.e., $300) might get me what I ultimately wanted.  The result was that it was $500 + labor to have it fixed outright since I AM under warranty.

I'll try sending Mark a PM because in reference to penguinchris's photos, mine looks the exact same way as his does.  I need to know the results ASAP because if nothing can be done, it's boxed up and shipped back next week minus my 15% restocking fee.
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,275
Message 42 of 239

if Mark can't help you then unless you are the son of the Lenovo Chairman, there is little chance of anyone helping.
mealto
Punch Card
Views: 6,226
Message 43 of 239

ok, this thread is scaring the day lights out of me. We were about to pick up a 14.1 inch T61 and it's nerver wracking to find out that there are so many complaints about screen quality here. I find it hard to believe Thinkpads would have this high a unsataisfactory rating. What is up?
techno_techie
Punch Card
Views: 6,147
Message 44 of 239

There are far less complaints about the 14.1".  I think you will be much more satisfied with that size versus the 15.4.  Do your research though.  The only thing I actually like about my screen is the matte finish.  You can't find that anywhere else.
Julie
Serial Port
Views: 6,145
Message 45 of 239

14.1 suffers the same issues

we have several of them in our office - very poor screen quality on all

but, hey, they all come with internal roll cages and a bunch of other stuff that really doesnt do what Lenovo says it does...

Smiley Happy

T61 - X300 - D10
mealto
Punch Card
Views: 6,135
Message 46 of 239

I saw a video demo from a reviewer with the 14.1 inch version and it looks like vertical viewing is not as good as older models. Horizontal was better however. So this still makes me nervous.

btw Julie: "but, hey, they all come with internal roll cages and a bunch of other stuff that really doesnt do what Lenovo says it does..."

Like what? Can you give more details?
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,132
Message 47 of 239

no more flexiview
Julie
Serial Port
Views: 6,121
Message 48 of 239

1. Off center screen is a real drag - ESPECIALLY for graphic designers and video editors -
2. We have had some Dells, HPs, and MacBook Pros drop from a desk, and they have all faired far better than the T61. We find that Lenovo's promotion of the benefits of their "roll cage" are exaggerated.
3. We have found our old T42s to be far better than our T61s.
4. Camera never works right. Not even close to what a MacBook Pro offers.
5. International Warranty - this is a biggie - You will most likely not be able to receive service for your T61 in another country (Many threads in this forum)
6. USB on right side of 14.1 T61 is often under powered - meaning no connecting external HDDs, etc.
7. The screen on a 14.1 is going to kill your eyes after 30 minutes of use. Just try it. Our designers hate it.
8. The T61 is junk and the threads in this forum prove it.

Having stated that, I adore my X300. Our company is REALLY looking forward to the next generation of T Series.

Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Julie on 05-11-2008 09:56 PM
T61 - X300 - D10
supra97RX7
Punch Card
Views: 6,097
Message 49 of 239

Speaking of next generation T series...
Is there any truth to the rumor of an up and coming W series as the workstation/desktop-replacement?  With the T series becoming the middle of the road of the Thinkpads?
Supposedly, they will be up for ordering in the middle of the year.

If so, can we expect them to be priced similarly to the pricing of the current T series?

Back on topic - I was about 6 inches from ordering a T61p.  But this (and other threads) restricted me from doing so.  I might though if the LG LCDs are the only ones used.
mealto
Punch Card
Views: 6,091
Message 50 of 239

ok, so from other long time users, sounds like the older Thinkpads are better in build and functionality perhaps that the T61 series. For those of us who needs to order something in the next 2 weeks, don't tell me we have to go to a dell? I am 2 inches from ordering the 14.1 inch T61. It's for business use and meant for easy travel so minimal design work will be done on it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals